Vaughan Chamber Job Board
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI)
20 Barnes Court, Concord, ON, Canada
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI) is a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul and manufacturing services for propulsion systems equipment and electrical rotating apparatus for Rail, Mass Transit and Wind Industries. SEI is a family-owned and operated company that has been in business for over 40 years. As a company, we are committed to providing our clients with outstanding quality, integrity and, value.
The Technical Buyer will play a critical role in procuring components, raw materials, and non-inventory items for production and negotiating and implementing favourable service contracts for machinery spare parts, tooling items, and maintenance-related items. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of mechanical and/or electrical properties and processing methods and the ability to read and understand component and subassembly drawings. With a comprehensive understanding of the total cost for products and services, the Technical Buyer should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with suppliers. If you are an experienced Technical Buyer looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Responsible for procuring packaging components, raw materials and non-inventory items
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Responsible for purchase analysis relating to inventory levels of components
- Expedite materials to meet production requirements
- Analyze quotes from existing and new vendors
- Develop existing vendors to improve lead time, quality and service
- Order materials regularly as per the MRP: Responsible for releasing firm purchase orders as per MRP requirements
- Responsible to resolve any shortages or discrepancies on received material with accounts payable
- Review exception report
- Communicate any delivery issues which would affect the master production schedule
- Ensure quantities purchased meet Sherwood’s purchasing guidelines and policies
- Sourcing inventory items Production, marketing, obtaining samples, specifications, pricing and lead times
- Survey market place for alternate vendor quotes to ensure the competitiveness of existing vendors
- Responsible to negotiate pricing with vendors and maintain vendor pricing records as needed for analysis
- Review open purchase orders to reduce and or increase quantities as necessary
- Communicate QA issues, and rejections with appropriate vendors
- Coordinate with QA for FAI approval of new parts or new vendors
- Responsible to create supply agreements for vendors
- Generate RFQs, gather data, analyze Bid results and update Material / Vendor Master daily
- Develop Disposal action for Non-Conforming Materials and implement CA/PA with Vendors.
- Assist Stores during Cycle Count and Physical count Processes.
- As time permits the Buyer may be called upon to assist the Purchasing Manager or other Buyers to work on other projects as required by the Company.
Planning, sourcing and procuring:
- Components & Raw materials for production
- Maintenance Related items, Chemicals, consumables and other Production aids.
- Machinery Spare Parts, Tooling Items/Materials as required to maintain and guarantee maximum Production Uptime.
- Waste and Recycling Programs
Negotiate & Implement favourable Service contracts:
- Overhead Crane, Compressor, Fork Lift, HVAC, Ovens, Spray booth, Air makeup Units and other MRO Services as required.
- Snow removal, Lawn & Yard Maintenance.
- Waste management
- Pest Control
- Building Maintenance – Roof / Doors / Gates etc.
- Fire Extinguishers/sprinkle systems
- Monitor all contracts, Maintain maintenance records – service manuals and certifications.
- Maintain and continuously analyze the preventive maintenance schedule wherever external Service contractors are involved.
- Coordinating with operations, and maintenance personnel to manage maintenance schedules during shutdowns and weekends as required
- Ensure & Implement contractual obligations such as MSDS sheets for any products ordered, work permits, insurances, WSIB clearance certificates, waste disposal documentation etc.
- Conduct Clerical duties as requested
- Other duties as assigned
College or Technical Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience as a buyer with a similar industry
- Enrollment with PMAC as a CPP or SCMP an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- In-depth understanding of Total Cost for products and services
- Experience and success reviewing validating and building excellent relationships with suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Visual Manufacturing and ability to interpolate reports
- Ability to work well with a team
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel & MS Word
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize requirements
- Mechanical and or electrical aptitude and the ability to read and understand component and subassembly drawings
- A high level of understanding of both metal properties and their processing methods, and electrical products, controls and coatings
- A high level of communication skills for both internal and external customers, and the ability to project ideas and concepts to all levels within the company
Submit your resume to:
Or follow the link to apply