Vaughan Chamber Job Board
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI)
20 Barnes Court, Concord, ON, Canada
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI) is a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul and manufacturing services for propulsion systems equipment and electrical rotating apparatus for Rail, Mass Transit and Wind Industries. SEI is a family-owned and operated company that has been in business for over 40 years. As a company, we are committed to providing our clients with outstanding quality, integrity and, value.
We are looking for an Expeditor to join our team. The Expeditor is responsible for the complete/timely execution of purchase orders by working closely with stakeholders to meet agreed delivery dates.
- Expedite receipt of components, assembly kits, subassemblies, and assemblies as required by Production to complete Work on time, stay on schedule and meet deadlines.
- Contact Vendors on a daily basis to ensure timely delivery of Materials.
- Update the Promise date in the system and continuously follow up with Vendors to ensure the shipments are made as promised.
- All Line Items on Open Purchase orders have to be reviewed, followed up with vendors and information from Vendors Updated in the system every week.
- Maintain constant contact with vendors, transporter, Custom Brokers etc., while deliveries are in transit. Resolve any situations affecting the arrival of parts to the plant on time.
- Notify all in a timely manner if a critical delivery will be late.
- Evaluate the situation and make adjustments in the procurement plan, like procuring from alternate vendors, obtaining approval for the use of alternate materials, and Processing concessions / Deviations for approval from Engineering / QA to meet the requirements of the production scheduler.
- Communicating with vendors to resolve issues affecting a purchase order.
- Track orders from placement through delivery and acceptance.
- Visit supplier facilities as required to monitor the progress of Critical Components.
- Creating and issuing purchase orders for materials and services as required.
- Resolve and find solutions to vendor errors and any Quality issues of materials as they arise occasionally.
- Review/Analyze production schedule, inventory reports and work orders to determine types, quantities, and availability of required material, ensuring Scheduler due dates are met
- Prioritize POs to support completion of Work orders as per scheduler want dates & Part Stopper reports.
- Facilitate movement of materials/ Kits from stores to Work Stations as the schedule requires.
- Coordinate with Stores in receiving a shipment of materials in the system after ensuring parts are approved per quality plan and specifications.
- Coordinate with Stores to pick & book parts for Work orders as material becomes available.
- Arrange to book the Incoming Materials/subassemblies to the right work orders ensuring proper functioning of the Scheduler to complete Customer Orders.
- Coordinating with Buyers to assess the reliability of vendors and identify solutions for ongoing problems.
- Coordinate with Supervisors, Lead Hands in Production, QA, Engineering, Sales & Shipping as required to take and provide feedback on material-related issues affecting production and completion of Jobs as per Scheduler.
- Ensure everyone can access updated Material status in the system.
- Review System bug Report for Purchasing Function on a daily basis and update the system as required to ensure the smooth functioning of the System.
- Performing other duties as allocated by the head of the department.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering and Practical Industrial Experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience as a buyer in an industrial procurement environment.
- Certification as a CPM, CSCP, APP, CPPB, CPPO, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and industrial technical contracting techniques and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and finance management.
- Excellent computer (MS Excel Outlook) and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to consistently represent the company professionally.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP / MRP software systems and data entry.
- Sound judgment and shrewd decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgetary practices and principles.
- Able to quickly calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations about corporate purchasing practices.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Strong customer service focus.
Submit your resume to:
Or follow the link to apply