COVID-19 Business Resources
To assist businesses dealing with COVID-19, we’ve created this tools and resources page.
NOTE: As programs’ details are constantly changing, please check the applicable government websites for the most updated information.
Gradual Re-opening of Businesses
- The Ontario government is permitting certain businesses to open providing they comply with strict public health measures to operate safely as we enter the first stage of re-opening the province’s economy. Learn more.
- The Government of Ontario and provincial health and safety associations released 61 technical sector guidance documents to support employers and employees in remaining safe in the workplace during the COVID-19 outbreak and the reopening process. These guidelines provide sector-specific directions. Additional guidelines will be released in the near future. Access the guidance documents here.
Businesses who have questions about closures of at-risk workplaces or how emergency measures impact their business or employment can call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. Help is available from Monday to Sunday, from 8:30 a.m.―5:00 p.m.
Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit
- The Ontario Chamber of Commerce and Hicks Morley have created a COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit to support Ontario businesses. Access the toolkit here.
Health Workforce Matching Portal
- The Ontario government is actively recruiting health care workers to increase the frontline capacity of hospitals, clinics, and assessment centres. The province launched a new online tool that will help match skilled frontline workers with employers. Learn more here.
How You Can Help the Province
The Government of Ontario announced a new website to help businesses work with the province to meet the challenges of COVID-19. Funding is available through the Ontario Together Fund. Any business that could produce – or reconfigure to produce – essential equipment, from ventilators and masks to swabs and eye-protection, is encouraged to visit the Ontario Together webpage.
- Government of Ontario: Status of COVID-19 Cases
- Government of Ontario: COVID-19 information for Ontarians
- Government of Ontario: MULTILINGUAL Fact Sheets about COVID-19
- Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention: COVID-19 Resources
- World Health Organization (WHO): COVID-19 Updates
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses