To assist businesses dealing with COVID-19, we’ve created this resource page which contains information on business tips sent to us by our members. We’ve provided details and access to links below. Please check back regularly as we will update this page as more resources are sent in. If you have an informative business tip that would be helpful to share with the Vaughan business community, please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For COVID-19: Business Resources provided by all levels of government, please see our resource page.
- Join our free Keep it Local Marketplace to post your offers free of charge, and shop from the amazing products and services in the Vaughan area. Vaughan Chamber members get added benefits and recognition.
Hear from experts, such as Employment Lawyers & Chartered Professional Accountants
Rudner Law has provided the following resource:
National Brokers Insurance has provided the following resource:
- For a COVID-19 Insurance update, please see here.
Miller Thomson LLP has provided the following resources:
- On Friday, April 24th, 2020 the Vaughan Chamber hosted a discussion with Inna Koldorf, Partner at Miller Thomson LLP regarding Employment Law. Please see the full video here.
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy: A welcome assistance for employers – a pitfall for the unprepared
- For a Cross Country Update from June 10th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from June 3rd, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 29th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 25th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 22nd, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 21st, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 20th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 19th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 14th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 13th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 12th, 2020, please see here.
- For a Cross Country Update from May 11th, 2020, please see here.
C4C Coaching-4-Change has provided the following resource:
- For an article about The Human Factor Associated with Working from Home, please see here.
Deloitte Canada has provided the following resources:
- Deloitte has created a tool called the Deloitte small business relief tool, built to ask guiding questions that provide specific funding opportunities to small business owners through all available government COVID-19 funding.
- Learn the five fundamental qualities of resilient leadership that distinguish successful CEOs as they guide their enterprises through the COVID-19 crisis, regardless of geography or sector.
- Explore additional insights on building practical workforce strategies, managing cash flow, maintaining customer loyalty, and more here.
Minken Employment Lawyers has provided the following resources:
- Learn about how to minimize your contact with COVD-19, employee rights and employer responsibilities from an employment law specialist here.
- View a comprehensive guide for employers navigating the lockdown amid the COVD-19 pandemic and an in-depth look at some common employer areas of concern.
- This interview examines employment law and addresses some common questions, you as an employer or even employee may have regarding employment law during the COVD-19 pandemic.
BDO Canada has provided the following resources:
- Snap Shot of Cash Flow Strategies and Government Incentives in the Time of COVID-19 – See full article here.
- Overview of the Government’s Stimulus Package.
- View the new Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines – Please see here.
- Get a summary of all COVID-19 Wage summary programs and how they can potentially integrate. View the article here.
MNP has provided the following resources:
Learn about some accounting considerations related to COVID-19 such as fair value measurement, impairment, disclosure requirements, lending agreements, filing deadlines & government funding and insurance claims. View the document here.
Learn how to better prepare your organization for business interruption from COVID-19 such as preparing for disruption to leadership, disruption to the workforce, IT disruption & disruption to operations. There are also answers to FAQ. View the article here.
- Business Recovery: Defining Your New Normal – looks at the 3 actions small businesses should take in order to work in this new environment. The article also explores prominent issues and considerations you should be making during this time.
- Apply for the Facebook Small Businesses Grant Program
- Learn what local businesses are doing to help you reopen safely from STER-OL Infection Control Systems. Please see here.
- For Microsoft 365 Training, please see here.
- Minuteman Press Vaughan is offering FREE COVID-19 Awareness Posters and FREE local advertising on their website, you can read more about it here.
- For an article about easy to follow suggestions about COVID-19, please read a post from the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Technology & Innovation Committee Chair. Read the full post here.
- For information on COVID-19 – Wage Subsidy Eligibility, please see Fazzari + Partners LLP’s news release.
- View FAQ’s about the Government’s Wage Subsidy Program.
- Learn how to set up your work-from-home plans safely and securely from one of our IT sector members, Sentryon IT Solutions. See the resource page.
- Learn more about the CRA Wage Subsidy program from the CRA.
*The Vaughan Chamber does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in this content.*
To assist businesses dealing with COVID-19, we’ve also created a business resources page that contains all the information on business supports announced by the Federal, Provincial and Municipal levels of Government. Please see it here.