Board of Directors Call For Nominations
Join an outstanding team and have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our local business community
Vaughan Chamber of Commerce members have the opportunity to consider either nominating themselves or someone else to serve on our Board of Directors.
Candidates will preferably have previous experience serving on a Board of Directors and/or a Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Committee.
In an effort to continually reflect the diversity and vibrancy of the growing Vaughan business community, the Vaughan Chamber Board is currently recruiting for entrepreneurial-minded leaders, particularly from the following sectors of the economy including: Agri-Food, Advanced Manufacturing, Technology/Innovation, and Small Business.
Added consideration will be given to experience or expertise in any of the following areas: government relations/public affairs, legal matters, starting and expanding your own business (owner/operator), and innovation.
Board members should have a strong understanding of finance, legal agreements and contracts, human resources, public affairs, and strategy.
Terms are 2 years beginning April 2019 with option for renewal.
Candidates should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Be a strong champion for the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce and act as an ambassador for the Vaughan business community
- Hold senior status within their company
- Be active in the Vaughan business community
- Be willing to work in a strictly confidential environment governed by non-disclosure agreement
- Be a strong collaborator
- Be prepared to engage and focus on the Vaughan Chamber’s needs, and to not actively solicit for one’s own services
- Be an up-to-date paid Vaughan Chamber member in good standing
- Be prepared to attend regularly scheduled Board meetings and other meetings as required
- Assume a leadership role and actively participate on at least one Vaughan Chamber Committee
- Actively support and attend events and other activities offered by Vaughan Chamber
- Promote the Vaughan Chamber, the value of membership, and the many benefits and services it offers
- Actively introduce prospective new clients and supporters to the Vaughan Chamber
- Attend at least one ‘Vaughan Chamber Connects’ product information session per year
How to apply
Applications and/or inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a CV together with a letter of interest articulating the reasons for wanting to serve on the Board and ways in which candidates feel they can support the Vaughan Chamber, its members and the broader business community.
CVs and letters of interest should be no longer than 3 pages total. No extensions to the deadline will be granted. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Applications must be received by end of business day on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
A Nominations Committee will review application submissions. Interviews will take place the week of March 25, 2019.
The Vaughan Chamber of Commerce is the premier membership and networking association in Vaughan. The VCC proudly represents business from all sectors of the economy including large corporations and small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs). Our core member offerings include facilitated networking, large-scale signature events (Business Achievement Awards, Women’s Symposium, Mayor’s Luncheon), and exclusive member-to-member products and savings. VCC members also benefit from business leads, learning seminars, professional peer groups, and co-branding opportunities. The VCC is a strong voice on public policy issues of importance to the local business community, such as infrastructure, transportation and opportunities for business growth.