Vaughan Chamber of Commerce members have the opportunity to consider either nominating themselves or someone they know to serve on our Board of Directors.
Candidates will preferably have previous experience serving on a Board of Directors and/or a Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Committee. In an effort to continually reflect the diversity and vibrancy of the growing Vaughan business community, the Vaughan Chamber Board is currently recruiting for entrepreneurial-minded leaders, particularly from the following sectors of the economy including: Agri-Food, Import/Export, Manufacturing, Technology/Innovation, and/or Small Business.
Board members should have a strong understanding of finance, legal agreements and contracts, human resources, public affairs, and strategy.
Terms are 2 years beginning April 2018 with option for renewal.
Applications must include a CV together with a letter of interest articulating the reasons for wanting to serve on the Board and ways in which candidates feel they can support the Vaughan Chamber, its members and the broader business community.
Board candidates should:
- Be a strong champion for the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce, and act as an ambassador for the Vaughan business community
- Hold senior status within their company
- Be active in the Vaughan business community
- Be willing to work in a strictly confidential environment governed by non-disclosure agreement
- Be a strong collaborator
- Be prepared to engage and focus on the Vaughan Chamber’s needs, and to not actively solicit for one’s own services
- Be an up-to-date paid Vaughan Chamber member in good standing
- Be prepared to attend regularly scheduled Board meetings and other meetings as required
- Assume a leadership role and actively participate on one or more Vaughan Chamber Committees
- Support and attend events and other activities offered by Vaughan Chamber
- Attend at least one Vaughan Chamber Connects product information session per year
Applications and/or inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be reviewed and finalists interviewed by the Nominations Committee.
Applications must be received by end of business day on Wednesday, February 28. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those which include a CV and letter of interest will be considered. CVs and letters of interest should be no longer than 3 pages total. No extensions to the deadline will be granted. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
The Vaughan Chamber of Commerce is the premier membership and networking association in Vaughan. With a growing membership, and extremely active participation amongst the wider community, the Vaughan Chamber is proud to be a driving force towards Bringing Together the Vaughan Business Community.
The Vaughan Chamber proudly represents members from all sectors of the economy including large corporations, small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs), levels of government and not-for-profit associations. Our core member offerings include facilitated networking, large-scale Signature Events (Business Achievement Awards, Women’s Symposium, Mayor’s Luncheon, CEO Speaker Series, Let’s Talk Exports, Golf Tournament), high-level learning opportunities (professional peer groups), and preferred pricing on member Affinity products (office supplies; home, auto, commercial and group health insurance; point-of-sale technology, etc).
Vaughan Chamber members additionally benefit from business leads, enhanced brand recognition, co-branded marketing opportunities, and learning seminars. The organization is a strong voice on public policy issues of importance to the local business community, such as infrastructure, transportation, corporate taxes, and opportunities for business growth.